Knocking in a cricket bat, is the process of conditioning and hardening the blade’s surface which can be long, tiresome and noisy, but it is an essential process to increase the lifespan and performance of the bat. When you knock in a cricket bat, the fibres of the Willow are compressed and become tough enough to withstand the impact and power of a cricket ball, giving you good rebound and feel when striking the leather ball. It also helps protect the bat from cracking and splitting.
Ideally, you should spend at least four to six hours knocking in a cricket bat with a gradual pressure, even if it has come prepared or ‘ready to play’, to help condition and harden your bat for heavy net practice use or competitive play. However, if you don’t have the time to knock in your own bat, or don’t want to annoy the family or neighbours; VSports offers a full Knocking In Service in-house using a Lignum Knocking Mallet and custom made Machine for this process.
Each year we provide this service to over 700 cricket bats. This service includes: Knocking in, oiling of the bat and Antiscuff Blade Protective Cover if required. We recommend this to all customers once a new bat is purchased.
Once the bat has been knocked-in, we recommend that it is used with an old soft cricket ball to start with, and then gradually progress to using a new ball.
- PLEASE MAKE AN ONLINE ORDER AND INCLUDE A COPY OF THE ORDER CONFIRMATION WHEN SENDING YOUR CRICKET BAT.
- Send to: (F.O.A Repairs Dept) V Sports, Unit 4 Amphion Business Park, Silverstone Drive, Coventry, UK, CV6 6PD
- Please allow 10-14 days (during Peak Season) for this service.
- If ANTISCUFF (Clear Protective Blade Cover) is not required, please choose the correct option in the dropdown menu.
- If toe guard or extra grips (fitted) is required then please add from the available option below
FULL IN HOUSE BAT REPAIR SERVICE:
The game of cricket can sometimes leave your bat in need of some urgent TLC. Instead of dismissing your bat and looking for a new one, you might be able to extend your bat’s lifespan whilst maintaining the blade performance with our in-house bat repairs service if you want to keep your favourite old bat going.
Bat repairs include:
• General Tidy and Clean
• Surface Crack, Lifts, Facial Blade Damage
• Specialist Toe Damage Repairs (IE: Yorker or Mistimed Shots)
• Water Toe Damage
• Weight Reduction
• Broken Handles
• Re- Shaping Handles
• Fit new grips
To find out more information about our In-House Bat Repairs Service, or if you would like to make an enquiry, please complete the form on the Contact us page with detailed information and we will get back to you shortly. You can also ring our Repairs Department on +44(0)24 76 360300.